My sweet Brode turned 5 years old this April. I cannot believe how quickly time flies. I can still remember how he looked when I held him for the first time. From a quiet, premature baby to a kind, goofy, and sensitive little boy. My life has changed because of this little man. He is one of my most cherished blessings and I praise God DAILY that He chose ME to be his mommy. I am so lucky.
This past year, Brode attended preschool for the first time. His teachers said he has blossomed into quite the social butterfly (considering he was quite bashful from Day 1). He loves playing with everyone in his class. He has learned so much this past year - including reading site words, counting in Spanish, & counting to 100. Although it was hard "letting him go" to school for the first time, I was so very proud of him.
Let's see... Brode is a fabulous big brother! Of course, every sibling has their rivalry moments, but I am quite certain that life wouldn't be the same for Brode if he didn't have his little sidekick. Brode loves to help Bryson, read stories to him, and even get a kleenix for his boogies!! Now, that's LOVE! :) My most favorite memory is when I catch Bryson sitting on Brode's lap as they read books.
Brode is VERY competitive... and guess what else? So is his brother. That means, literally every thing we do is a competition - brushing teeth, getting pj's on, racing down the stairs, eating their meals, and racing to the car. We've got a long road ahead of us... neither one likes to lose! :)
Although Brode has a strong will (just like his mama) and can be pretty darn persistent at times, he is learning how to make right choices and this makes me proud. He loves to please his mommy and he will say the sweetest things to me, such as "I love you so much, you sweet pretty pretty girl!"
It's hard to sum up this past year in one single post. Their aren't quite enough words to express my love for my firstborn son. I am positive each year will bring it's moments of laughter and challenges, but I am so grateful that I get the chance to be this little guy's mommy. I tell him every day that I'm so glad he's mine. And I am.
 |
| Brode woke up to balloons and streamers in his room! |
 |
| Morning hug from Mommy. |
 |
| Daddy surprised Brode with a birthday donut! |
 |
| Brode got to wear a crown at preschool on his birthday! |
 |
| Waiting patiently for one of his birthday presents... |
 |
| Plasma Cars!!!! |
 |
Bryson's birthday is 6 days after Brode's...
So, we decided to let him have one early present! |
 |
| I think we made the right choice! |
 |
| Love, love love him! |
 |
| Weeeee!!! |
 |
| Totally worth it. |
 |
| These things are so much fun! I even ride them! |
 |
| My favorite 5 year old! |
 |
| We don't get many of these... family portrait!! |
 |
| And this is even more rare... Thanks Mom & Dad for joining the party! :) |
 |
| Cake time - each year I let the boys pick a cake out from our cake book... |
 |
Brode has been wanting this igloo cake for a year!
He decided to put army figurines on it, which made it perfect. |
 |
| Make a wish! |
 |
| Brother Time! |
 |
| My family |
 |
| I just want to squeeze him! :) |
 |
| Brode with his Mimi & Papa! |
No comments:
Post a Comment