Okay, guess who's in town filming for their upcoming movie? You guessed it... Matthew McConaughey (& Jack Black, too)!
So, I guess this sort of thing happens a lot here. Celebs film movies around here quite often. Brad Pitt & Sean Penn recently filmed in Smithville, only a few miles from us (a friends' son is Brad Pitt's son in the movie). Sandra Bullock , in Hope Floats, also filmed in Smithville. Also spotted here: Julia Roberts, Angelina Jolie, and most recently Keith Urban! That is only to name a few celebrities that have made their way through our very streets!!!
So a new friend and I (oh yes, we took our boys with us) went "stalking" yesterday! After finding out where Matthew was going to be filmed, we all piled into one car and hit the road. Sure enough, movie trailers, camera crew, etc. are all present setting up for the big scene. So we wait... and wait... as soon as we throw in the towel and head back towards our vehicle, a Camry pulls up and out pops Matthew McConaughey (ok, this is the part I don't want to admit... we just missed him by a hair... of course every one else around us sees him get out and run into the convenience store). So we were literally within yards of this man and JUST missed him!
Okay, so my friend drops me and the boys off and decides it's too late to drive back to her home before picking up her oldest from school. So she goes back to the shoot, driving around, while her son naps in the car. Sure enough - the lucky girl - my friend sees McConaughey's driver pull up to the shoot so she can only assume he's making his quick escape... and out comes Matthew right in front of her very eyes!!!! Oh, I was so jealous!! :) (I'm a big fan of his so I was quite bummed that I had missed him). So after several moments of screaming and shaking in her car, she decides to call me and tell me all about her good fortune!
Maybe I'll have better luck next time... I'm seriously like a celeb repellant! They are filming for the next few days, so don't you worry... I'll keep trying to stalk this super star! ;) Brode's all about it, too... He keeps saying, "We get lucky, Mom!!"
3 comments:
OH man. That's too bad. I'm also a big fan of Matthew.
so funny! just don't teach your boys to stalk men!!! in fact - don't teach them to stalk at all :) hope you "get lucky mom!" i'll be waiting to hear the next story....
Fun, take J-me - surely she's a celeb-magnet!
Post a Comment