
It feels like just yesterday when I watched my baby play for the Big Red. Nebraska football never meant more to me than during those years. I've always loved the game but I grew to understand the game and most importantly respect the game and its' players.

Now my son wants to be just like his Daddy as he wears his helmet proudly. There is not a day that goes by where he doesn't want to grab that #8 helmet and put it on his little head. I can't help but flash forward 17 years and get a glimpse of what Brode's future may hold. Will he be a quarterback like his Daddy in high school or will he play in the secondary like his Daddy in college?

Whatever might lay ahead, we will cherish our little 20 month old as he continues to grow. And when the time comes when his Daddy's helmet finally fits, we will open our arms and let him soar.
1 comment:
grammy hopes to watch those little legs runs like the wind too! but i'll enjoy the moments now of watching him back-peddle and say "go" and run full throttle toward me. don't grow up too quickly brode!!!
Post a Comment