My Christmas memories, as a child, are beyond words. They were simply filled with love and magic. I am such a "Christmas" girl - I get it from my mother and grandmother. There's just something about it and I look forward to recreating those special moments for my own children.
It was bitter sweet this year. We loved and enjoyed traveling to NE in order to spend the holiday with loved ones but it was very hard for me to miss out on "Christmas "Day at our own home with my boys. I have yet to spend Christmas at my own home. Unfortunately, living this far from home, I will have to give up something... It's inevitable. I'll either miss out on my own Christmas at home with our boys or I'll give up spending Christmas with my family in Nebraska.
This year, we chose to go to NE, so our Christmas was celebrated a few days late. Although my heart knew the difference the boys did not. So we played it as if it were still Christmas Eve once returning home. Daddy even ran across the backyard (in the dark) flashing Rudolph's red nose! The boys were filled with glee as they peered out the window! I look forward to continuing this tradition as the boys grow older. We also read "The Night Before Christmas" - a pre-recorded book that Daddy and I gave to the boys (they loved it).
It was bitter sweet this year. We loved and enjoyed traveling to NE in order to spend the holiday with loved ones but it was very hard for me to miss out on "Christmas "Day at our own home with my boys. I have yet to spend Christmas at my own home. Unfortunately, living this far from home, I will have to give up something... It's inevitable. I'll either miss out on my own Christmas at home with our boys or I'll give up spending Christmas with my family in Nebraska.
This year, we chose to go to NE, so our Christmas was celebrated a few days late. Although my heart knew the difference the boys did not. So we played it as if it were still Christmas Eve once returning home. Daddy even ran across the backyard (in the dark) flashing Rudolph's red nose! The boys were filled with glee as they peered out the window! I look forward to continuing this tradition as the boys grow older. We also read "The Night Before Christmas" - a pre-recorded book that Daddy and I gave to the boys (they loved it).
BRODE'S NEW BIKE!
STOCKING STUFFERSMOMMY & BRODE
PANCAKES FOR BREAKFAST
AFTER WEEKS OF WAITING IT WAS FINALLY PRESENT TIME!
Each time Bryson SLOWLY tore off a piece of paper he'd hand it to Daddy by saying, "here!"
Brode finally got his big boy Tonka trucks!
THANKS, GRANDMA PAM!
THANKS, GRANDPA ROGER!
READING BOOKS FROM UNCLE AARON
TESTING THEIR NEW RIDES
Merry Christmas Boys! I pray we have many more to celebrate as a family! We love you!
1 comment:
thank you for sharing christmas with us! i know it must be hard, but as you said, i'm a christmas girl too, and it's just not the same if you aren't here :) thank you!!!
Post a Comment